Visceral Manipulation is a manual therapy that uses gentle contact, specifically placed forces that will encourage normal mobility of organs and tissues called Viscera. Viscera have connective tissue connections to each other, the skeletal system and the muscular system where physiologic motion can be impaired or impacted by stress, diet, injury or surgery.
Tissues can lose their normal motion when they are inflamed, whatever the cause. Visceral Manipulation brings back normal motion to inflamed tissue in order to reintroduce the healing process.
For an organ to be healthy there needs to be Motion!
“The purpose of Visceral Manipulation is to recreate, harmonize and increase proprioceptive communication in the body to enhance its internal mechanism for better health.” — Jean-Pierre Barral, D.O.
Why Seek Visceral Manipulation?
- Chronic Neck Pain (Gall Bladder, Liver, Stomach)
- Chronic Back Pain (Kidneys, Liver, Large Intestine)
- Right Glenohumeral Periarthritis
- Chronic Headache (specifically one-sided eye)
- Gastritis (Stomach)
- Dreams of being chased (Small Intestine)
- Deep Left Shoulder pain (associated with Gall Bladder)
- Hypochondria symptoms
- Lower Limb Joint pain (Small Intestine)